当前位置:才华君>社会工作>职场英语>

走遍美国教学视频文本31:A Place of Our Own ACT I

职场英语 阅读(2.79W)
走遍美国教学视频文本31:A Place of Our Own ACT I

ACT I
  Ellen, I’d like your opinion. Ellen,我想听听你的意见。
  About what? 关于什么?
  Well, Richard and I feel that with a baby coming 嗯,Richard和我觉得孩子快要出生了
  we need to have our own place to live. 我们应该有自己的房子
  Oh. 噢。
  Well, what do you think about Richard and me 那么,你觉得我和Richard
  looking for a small house or an apartment 找一个小住宅或公寓
  at this point in our lives? 在这个时候怎么样?
  We love having you here, 我们喜欢你们住这儿,
  and there is room, 并且这儿有地方,
  and ... and when the baby comes, 而且……而且婴儿出生以后,
  the baby can stay in your room for a while. 可以住在你们房间一段时间
  Richard feels we need to find a small house. Richard觉得我们应该要找一个小住宅。
  I remember when I was pregnant with Richard. 我记得当我怀着Richard时。
  Philip and I were living with Grandma and Grandpa. Philip与我和爷爷奶奶住在一起。
  Philip was a young doctor, Philip当时是个年轻的大夫,
  and he kept talking about having a house of our own. 他老说要有自己的家。
  It’s natural. 这是很自然的。
  What did you do? 那你们怎么办呢?
  We looked at a lot of houses. 我们看了好多房子。
  Did you find one? 找到合适的吗?
  Oh, not at first. 噢,没有马上找到。
  We couldn’t afford it. 我们当时钱不够。
  Grandpa wanted to lend us the money to buy one, 爷爷要借给我们钱去买房,
  but Philip is too independent. 但是Philip的独立性太强了。
  He didn’t want to borrow any money. 他不想借钱。
  Sounds like Richard. 听起来跟Richard一样。
  They’re all alike. 他们都是一个样子。
  Richard is a real Stewart. Richard是个典型的art家后代。
  He’s independent, 他的独立性强,
  and sometimes just stubborn. 有时候甚至近乎顽固。
  When did you buy a house? 那你们在什么时候买房子?
  After Richard was born. 等生下Richard之后。
  I was teaching music, 我当时教音乐,
  and Philip was opening his first medical office. 而Philip则第一次开诊所。
  Where was the house? 房子在什么地方?
  Right here in Riverdale. 就在这Riverdale。
  Of course, it was a small house, 当然,那是一栋小房子。
  but just right for us. 但正好够我们住。
  It’s funny. History repeats itself. 真有意思。历史在重演。
  Now Richard and I are having a baby, 现在 Richard和我有了孩子,
  and we probably won’t be able to 而我们也许也一样不能
  afford a house right away, either. 马上负担得起一栋房子。
  Why don’t you look at some houses, Marilyn? 何不去看一看房子呢,Marily?
  Good idea. 好主意。
  Look in the real-estate section of Sunday’s Times. 查一查星期天纽约时报的房地产版面。