当前位置:才华君>社会工作>职场英语>

实用英语串烧:There’s like a whole other thing going on the

职场英语 阅读(1.8W)

1. There's like a whole other thing going on there. 其实不然。
  那只是表面上看来如此,相信我,当你跟她比较熟了,就会发现其实不然。
  这句话比较常见的说法是:There's like a whole other thing going on.带有「其中另有玄机,并不像表面上看到的样子」的意味。可以用在形容人的`性格,或表里不一的事物上。
  A: I know you think Harvard is a school full of really studious, boring bookworms.
  我知道你认为上哈佛的,都是只会念书的无聊书呆子。
  B: I used to. But after spending a weekend there, I know there's like a whole other story going on there.
  那是以前啦。但在那里待了一个周末以后,我就了解那里其实不然。
  2. someone goes the extra mile 某人加倍努力。
  这句话比较常出现在正面形容某人付出的努力:
  A: Bob might have to work overtime to get this project done.
  鲍伯可能得加班才能完成这个项目。
  B: You know Bob. He always goes the extra mile. He'll get it done.
  你知道鲍伯。他总是加倍努力。他会完成项目的。
  3. It's happened before, and it'll happen again. 有一就有二。
  以前发生过的坏事,现在再度发生﹔或是现在发生的事,将来有可能再度发生。这两种情况下,都可以用到这句话,提醒别人小心提防。
  A: You got rejected by Amy?
  你被艾咪拒绝了?
  B: Yep. I'm used to it. It's happened before, and it'll happen again.
  对啊。我早就习惯了。凡事有一就有二。
 

实用英语串烧:There’s like a whole other thing going on the